Sunday, November 14, 2010

Movie Of The Week- The Hoodlum 1951


Lawrence Tierney ("Reservoir Dogs") plays an unreformed, hardened criminal who has just been released from prison. While working at his brother's gas station, he becomes very interested in the armored car that makes regular stops at the bank across the street.
If you enjoy heist films, watch this. Tierney was perfect for this type of role.
Year: 1951
Director: Max Nosseck
Production Company: Jack Schwarz

A brush with greatness: A few years back when I attended acting school in L.A., I met an older gentleman while standing in line at Ralphs. He asked if I was an actress, I answered that I was going to school at American Academy Of Dramatic Arts in Pasadena, he replied in a gruff old man voice " Those who can do-Those who cant teach." I asked if he was an actor to which he responded, " Yeah, my name is Gene Tierney" I relayed the conversation to my friends waiting in the car, one chimed in "Gene Tierney was a woman". A few years later I saw that man again- he was playing a supporting role on the show E.R. as an old man dying in the hospital- his name, Lawrence Tierney.

No comments:

Post a Comment